Singleness Oh Singleness
Have you ever felt alone? I mean, your friends and family are around but that doesn't help. Have you ever watched, attended, or was apart of a wedding that was not your own? Have you ever asked yourself " when am I going to find my husband?" If so, I understand. Being single, yeah I know the feeling. Matter of fact, I know it so well that I can have an hour conversation about it, really. My journey started at the age of 16, I was a lonely sophomore in high school who dreamed about having a boy friend and getting married right after high school. However, none of that happened. So at the age of 18, I read an article online about the beauty of getting married at the age of 19. So I turned 19 and nope he didn't come, great. Alright, 21 then, I thought I was going to get married in 2015 before I turned 22, NO JOKE! I prayed, believed, and fasted like crazy. Guess what?! My mother was married that year and I was her bridesmaid. So here I am 23, single, and I'm okay with that. But, Maybe you're still struggling with it. Well, Good news! This may help you.
Ecclesiastes 3:1- There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity
under the heavens.
So Ladies! our time is coming, our time is coming, our time is coming! It's just not the right season for our future knights to be present in our lives right, so what now? Well, don't just sit there! Get busy. Waiting does not mean literally wait. You know how some people do? They stop their lives until the harvest season comes. *Sigh* don't do this because Idleness is truly a mind killer, really. I will be the first to admit that I used to have an idle mind and it drove me crazy. I mean, everyday I was frustrated because I just wanted to get married and be happy. Referring back to my story in the beginning, I was so anxious to get married all those years. It was on my mind so much that I got frustrated and started complaining to the Lord about how much I hated being single. I just thought that it was insane for me to be single when I had the desire to be married. Even though, I read the scriptures in 1 corinthians7 about how singleness is a gift but I thought Paul was crazy. How is being single a gift? Well I decided to reread the scriptures and I found this Verse 33-34 of 1 corinthians 7 quotes " But a married man is concerned about the affairs of this world- how he can please his wife and his interests are divided. An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord's affair: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit."
Bingo! So Paul wasn't crazy after all, he just saw his singleness as a way to devote himself fully to the Lord. Paul also stated in 1 Corinthians 9: 19-20 - Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20 To the jews I became like a jew, to win the jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. You see! Paul was busy winning souls for the kingdom of God. He didn't sit around complaining about how lonely he was, how everybody was married and he wasn't, or worst living outside the Lord's will. He was too busy building up the kingdom of God by operating in his calling. SOOO! Perspective! Yes, change your Perspective. Your single, so embrace it. So what? your married friend has a husband at home, she can't focus on the Lord like the way you (single woman) can. you can travel the world, go to school, join organizations, or just focus on becoming a better you. The things we singles can do are endless. You don't have to worry about pleasing anyone but the Lord. So that means you can follow him with no limits. How great is that? You don't know what to do? Matthew 7:8 states For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. So ask the Lord what it is he wants you to do while you are waiting and he will show you, trust me. I did it and that's how this blog got started ( story for another time) and guess what? I feel a lot better. I actually feel like I have a purpose in life and you do to.
So single ladies or whoever read this! What do you think? I hope you enjoyed this. I will be back with another article so don't go anywhere!......please💗 Oh and feel free to comment I don't mind, really!

Comments
Post a Comment