Me, My Title, and I




I'm not worth anything, my life sucks, how come things didn't work out for me?, Lord what are you doing!? These were the thoughts that flooded my mind the day I attended my step-dad's graduation. Don't get me wrong I was happy for him but I couldn't help but feel sorry for myself as I watched all the graduates receive their degrees. Watching them made me feel like I was behind in life and it was too late to do anything about it. I thought maybe if I had gotten a degree I'll definitely feel better about myself and I won't look like a loser in front of my friends, family, or classmates. Maybe this degree will be the answer to my self esteem problems? Or maybe not.

Okay, what did you think of that short intro? Torture huh? Well it was. I have come such a long way since then, even though it wasn't that long ago. As a result of this, I felt the need to write about finding our value in titles. First of all, I just turned 24 and I don't have a college degree. I went to college for awhile majoring in nursing. However, midway through, the Lord told me to leave. Was it easy? No and it's still not. Looking back at that graduation, I knew that I was not supposed to go back to school because the Lord has other plans for me. Maybe you're in the same situation and if so, I want to tell you that you're not a failure.

For a long time, society has been telling us that we need a title/ degree in order to have status, respect, happiness, and fulfillment. The problem is there are so many people out there who hold such high titles such as a doctor, lawyer, entertainer, nurse, business owner, or whatever else is big who are not truly fulfilled. You know why? Because they are finding their value in their titles. As Christians, we are already special because we belong to the king, that's your title. Having a title such as a degree, certificate, trophy, or anything else will not make you more valuable than others, same as not having one will not make you less valuable. We were all created for a purpose and we will not all follow the same path. So yes you may be feeling down and behind but remember life is not a race. So lets slow down and not let what we don't have distract us from doing what the Lord is guiding us to do. For at the right time we will receive our harvest, if we refuse to give up. Galatians 6:9. Amen💕

Here are some Scriptures that will help you in this season of waiting

1.) Galatians 6:9-Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

2.) 2 Corinthians 10:5- We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

3.)Exodus 6:19- But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.

4.) Matthew 10:31-Fear not, you are of more value than many sparrows.

5.)Psalm 139:14- I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.💗

Remember this: you are special!!! so stay focused on the Lord and continue to walk by faith💖










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singleness Oh Singleness